FAQ: Questions about Membership
Questions about access to Cornell alumni services and our class dues? We have created a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Please contact us for more help!
- Why should I pay Class Dues?
You are forever a member of our [Notable] Class of 1974. Nevertheless, paying class dues helps the Class stay strong.
- When you pay dues, you are providing support to our [Notable] class for events and communications.
- Dues are the only source of funds for our Class to plan and run activities.
- Dues support class communications, such as mailings, postcards, and the website.
- Dues-payers also receive the bimonthly Cornell Alumni Magazine. This independent award-winning alumni publication relies on class dues for subscriptions as a significant source of funding. Click here for the most recent issue.
- Each issue of the Cornell Alumni Magazine contains news of classmates, compiled by our class correspondents. Click here to submit news for the magazine.
- Dues-payers can join a national marketplace for discounts, the Big Red Marketplace, with access to hundreds of vendors.
- How much are the Class Dues?
Class dues are on an annual cycle: July 1 – June 30. Dues are $60 for individuals and $65 for couples, who will receive a copy of the Cornell Alumni Magazine. Dues are $30 for individuals who do not want a copy of the magazine.
- How do I pay Class Dues?
You can pay dues in two ways.
BY CHECK: Payable to Cornell Class of 1974, and mailed to Cornell Class Dues, PO Box 25841, Lehigh Valley, PA 18003-9695.
ONLINE: Click here.
Consider signing up for “Automatic Renewal” which will automatically charge you for dues each year. see FAQ #5 below.
- I’m not sure if I have already paid my class dues. How do I know?
Class dues are different than the Cornell Annual Fund, and both are important! The class dues cycle has recently been changed to align with the academic cycle of Cornell, which runs July 1 – June 30. To find out if you are up-to-date with your Class dues, contact our Class of ’74 Membership Chair, Jodi Sielschott Stechschulte.
- I thought I already signed up for “Automatic Renewal”, and how does it work?
With Automatic Renewal, your dues will be paid annually each May, until your credit card expiration date. Automatic Renewal is offered as a convenience for classmates and is not required. Because of recent changes to Cornell’s database management program, classmates who would like to use automatic renewal will have to sign up again and provide current credit card information for the 2016-17 dues year.