Happy New Year! Has a new year ever been more anticipated or welcomed? I hope you and your loved ones were able to celebrate the holidays in some way.
This beautiful campus view won’t be seen by many until classes resume in February. The University’s plans are to provide instruction both in person and via Zoom this winter/spring and the expectation is that most students will be back on campus. Fingers crossed that the Cornell Community will be able to control COVID as successfully as it did in the Fall.
With the New Year comes resolutions. Here are some suggestions:
- Learn Something New: Connect to Cornell here for the latest in online events, on-demand videos and podcasts.
- Make New Friends and Connect with the Old: Our Class is participating in the very successful Global Mixer AND we have a Pre-Party Suite for an hour or two before each one. They happen at different times every couple of weeks. These invitations and registration are sent by Cornell but, if you aren’t getting them, let me know and I will make sure they have your correct email. You can also join the Cornell Global Mixer Facebook Group.
- Take Care of Body & Mind: Try meditating by watching one of the coolest art installations on campus– Cosmos–an homage to Carl Sagan. Just click here, play some music, get comfortable, and focus your attention on the cosmos patterns and the sky (the dawn break is great).
- Travel More: You can, virtually! Take an education vacation through Cornell’s Adult University. See the world here.
- Give Back: Cornell Cares Day is Saturday, January 9th. Look here for ways to show you care.
Whatever you resolve to do in 2021 I hope connections to Cornell and our Class help!
Happy and Healthy New Year!