New Year Resolutions and Celebrations
Happy New Year! The new year is a time of resolutions and celebrations. Let’s do both!
Cornell’s Campaign To Do the Greatest Good launched this fall. It is a campaign to raise at least $5 billion and (perhaps even more challenging) to connect at least 200,000 Cornellians! So classmates, let’s do our part and make our New Year’s resolution to connect with each other. Here are some good ways to do so:
- Our Class of 1974 Facebook Group has grown by 0ver 50% in the past year–join if you haven’t.
- Keep our Class strong by paying your Class Dues.
- Send news about yourself and your family to our Class Correspondents.
- Cornell Global Mixers happen every other Saturday (the next one is Saturday, January 22nd) and we have a Class of ’74 Pre-Party Suite hosted by classmate Bonni Schulman Dutcher–drop in for a few minutes and catch up with friends.
- Consider hosting a zoom meeting with small groups of ’74 friends.
- Our Class Photo Site (password: notable). Classmate Bill Howard is compiling pictures of us as we enter our 70th year as a run-up to our 50th Reunion. Send yours to Bill Howard with a little information about what you are doing and he will share them.
- Turn the page into a new year and join the Big Red Reads Book Club–meet other Cornellians and read more!
And let’s celebrate! This year, Cornell celebrates women’s athletics and the 50th anniversary of Title IX. As part of this celebration, the Class of 1974 (we were there when it happened!) invites you to join Cornell historian Corey Ryan Earle ’07 for a webinar that looks back at the history of women’s athletics at Cornell. The webinar will include a panel of two Class of 1974 women athletes and two current student athletes, including Summer Parker-Hall ’25, a forward on the Cornell women’s basketball team who is also the current recipient of the Class of ’74 Scholarship. The webinar is Wednesday, February 23rd, at 8:00 pm ET. Register here.
Happy and Healthy New Year!